Thursday, March 9, 2017

I'm Still Studying

I'm just not writing about it.

I can understand why I haven't posted here since last fall. I know he knows why I haven't been.

A lot had and has been happening, and though I do see His hands in all of it, there were and still are some days, it seemed like not even a zillion prayers were able to lift the clouds.

But, then He does! He's so awesome!

So, I continue to study. To learn. To grow. And though I love to share our comings and goings, this journey through these Bible Studies I have been doing, are just so personal.

When time allows I will try to at least post the outline of some of the studies. After all they are meant to be shared so that others can answer and grow in the way He has planned.

As I always say, I am a work in progress. Even at 60, there is still room to grow!

With Lent now a week in, I am just sticking with what I have done for Him before. Back in 2015 I found and had printed off a set of Margaret Feinberg's 40-Day Live Lent Challenge to follow. Back then I got the whole 33 page version. When I clicked on my old link I only got the reading guide. I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if the old link isn't available anymore.
Her new link this year is the Beloved. Unfortunately the book is sold out but the reading guide is available. I was sad that I missed out on the book. Here is the guide from that study if you would like to follow it without the coloring. 

She also has a system with using the colored pencils to highlight your study with.

Verbs are circled in red.
Highlighting the activity of people and God

Names are underlined in green.
Additional mentions receive an extra underline

Timing is circled in blue.
Noting when, then, and after exposes God blueprint

Numbers are circled in orange.
Numbers often have Biblical significance.

The Holy Spirit, angels, the prophetic
are marked in a light blue.
A steady presence.

Observations are scribbled in turquoise.
Comments, insights, humorous notes.

Doodles appear in a variety of colors.
Doodling allows the soul to reflect.

I still haven't gotten this part done pat, but I don't let that stop me.

For this year I decided to stick with the old guide, but with new thoughts, new sights around me, and with new feelings, only He knows, I will just doodle on through this Lent Challenge in my own kind of way this year.

I pray this place I am will bring with it the growth needed to move this mountain. I just can't imagine I have to climb another one, but it that's whats needed, who am I to argue with His directions.

Climb or Move?






No comments:

Post a Comment